AmazonAmazing Kindle is one best purchase I made in a long time and I can’t stop telling the world how awesome it is !
If you are not familiar with what kindle is and what it does, *jumps and tells* I can tell you how it works. Kindle is a reading device, designed to read E books, Docs, PDFs etc., So, I read them all in my Laptop/ smart phone, why Kindle you may ask. Not 1 or 2 I can give you 13 reasons Why.
- Your Eyes will thank you and vadichify aanandha kanneer (leave happy tears) – The first best part is, It is not light emitting, it looks and feels just like a paper, Thus not at all strenuous on eyes! we all come across at least one article everyday on the ill-health effects of smartphones to our eyes, so why not switch when given an option? These days I read all Docs and books on kindle, and restrict phone usage just for social media. Also it doesn’t glare like phones, hence reading is comfy even while out in the sun!
EC – @mr.fudgy
2. The Eco friendly way, The Kindle way – Don’t you think its high time, we start doing little something for our Mother earth? Think of the amount of trees being cut down for single book and switch to kindle right away !
3. Dictionaries now in a single tap – Ok, You might be a total geek, but aren’t we all get lazy to search for a word meaning, when a fancy word pops in? (I’M !) This In-built Dictionary feature (available in many languages, I jumped in joy when I found out Tamil -Tamil; Tamil- English App By #KaReFo) is such a life saver, just a long press away from finding the word meanings ! EASY PEASY.
4. Customize the text for you On E Books and Word Docs, there is liberty of choosing your favorite font style and can even adjust the size, from viewing two big stanzas to just 4 words per screen ! With this font size alter option, Dad is now able to read even without his Spectacles !
5. Just like your book – As you read, you can bookmark a certain page (keep adding for several pages) You can click “Go to” and jump to a chapter several pages away from where you are currently reading, Highlight and add notes/ comments !
6. Keyword Search – To land on a particular word, You can tap on “Search this document” on the face of the document and directly land at that part of the document even when its not personally highlighted or noted by you !
7. Organizing Docs in folders – You can categorize several docs and books under a folder just like how you do it on your PC ! This way everything stays organized.
8. 0 distractions – Reading time is reading time, you need not worry about Whatsapp or Instagram notifications popping in every now and then.
9. Left time – completed percentage – As you read a book, at the left end, it shows the amount of time you left to complete reading the book and at the right it shows percentage of pages read ! It kinda motivates me to read more when I see that !
10. Lists popular highlights – This one of the coolest feature ! Imagine while reading a Heavy cast novel like Ponniyin Selvan (with long breaks in between *yawns* people get busy in the middle okay?) and loosing track of who is what. You are sorted, You can go to “Public” under Notes where it lists important sentences repeatedly highlighted by many. Sentences Highlighted by you can be found under “Yours” under Notes.
11. No more running behind chargers – Single charge lasts about a week ! Aah, the relief.
12. Very very light ! – 100s of books are now less than 150g ! isn’t that the dream?
13. Many E-Books available for free and highly discounted prices – Kindle users have an advantage on the Amazon book stores and get really lucky with the prices ! when I say Lucky, I really really mean it !
Don’t think its some kind of a paid partnership with Kindle where I keep on raving about the same, I have a few Cons too, so here you go:
- Navigation on PDF is cumbersome – Adjusting the font size option is unavailable with PDFs. Hence I convert My PDFs into Word Docs (with this website ilovepdf.com) before I import it to my kindle.
- Cannot edit – Yes ! Can’t edit your documents as you read, while you can still add comments.
- Flickers on taps – Kindle works on E ink technology, so with each tap, it flickers, but this is what makes it easy on our eyes ! while, it was difficult to adapt in the beginning now I see it as a boon only !
- Black and white – Everything you view on Kindle is Black and white, so It is not great to view images, while you study.
Did you fall in love with Kindle, the way I did? you can buy it from the link below:
So, If you like my post and think it might help you friends and family do share it among them !
See you soon !